1. Immediately recognisable brand is everything - as proved by non other than the recent YEEZY season 6 campaign. Powered by the force of collective celebrity plus Kim Kardashian's instagram clout, promoting the line was made easy by cracking a few visual codes on a few carefully chosen handles. Super smart. Interesting comments here also on how legally viable the campaign is from The Fashion Law.
2. To Save Retail, Bloomingdale's Turns to Migos. Seems like a bizarre collaboration, but I guess it's demonstrative of how desperate stores are to keep up with the customer's current demand. Wonder how much they paid out for this one...
3. After a month of Apple's podcast analytics tools being available to creators, it seems like podcast listeners really are the hyper-engaged, super-supportive audiences that everyone hoped. Does anyone know anything about why the boom in podcast content has gone off in the last 12 months?
4. Here's an interesting comparison between streetwear and cryptocurrency. Really enjoyed this one; its a clever way at looking at the cultural world through a digital/tech lens.
5. I was routing for the Olsen twins for the Céline gig!